Management Fellow (Limited-Term)
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$52,993.50 (First Year) - $58,292.85 (Second Year)
- Posted Date:03/13/2017 2:03 PM
- Deadline to Apply:04/10/2017 5:00 PM
The Two Year Management Fellowship
The Town of Yountville has a great career launch opportunity for those interested in working in a small local government agency where they will obtain “hands on” working experience in a number of roles and functions. The Town seeks a committed, team-oriented, and highly energetic MPA graduate (or student who has completed core MPA coursework) to join the Yountville team. Our internship is based out of the Town Manager’s Office. The duties and responsibilities of the position are designed to fully engage you in local government and to prepare you for a successful career in local government. This is a full-time, two year limited duration, paid position with benefits.
The successful candidate will perform a variety of entry-level professional administrative work, research, and analysis in support of the Town Manager’s Office, Town Clerk and Finance Department as well as projects involving other Town departments. The work performed by the intern is not “make work” but that which will have a direct impact on the organization and is designed to improve our operational efficiency. Typical projects will involve various public relations and community engagement outreach efforts, operational and departmental policy review and update, research of current topics of note to, internal/external committee assignments, budget development support, and a balance of administrative and operational responsibilities based on interest and organizational need. Our goal is to provide our intern with a good overall experience of working in a management capacity and first hand exposure to the unique challenges and opportunities that can be obtained during their two year tenure.
Previous Management Fellow Projects/Opportunities Include:
• Salary Survey
• Produces the Town’s Monthly Newsletter
• Serves as the staff liaison for the Yountville Arts Commission
• Coordinate and update Town’s Safety and Risk Management Documentation
• Update and develop content for the Town’s website
• Develop and manage the budget process
• Participation in weekly management team meeting with department heads
• Weekly one-on-one meetings with the Town Manager
• Internal and external mentoring opportunities
This position requires a Master of Public Administration (or MPA student who has completed all MPA coursework) by July 1 and at least six months of related work experience. Applicable internships (paid or not) can satisfy the experience requirement. Ideal candidates will have a general knowledge of municipal government operations and be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and related applications and comfortable with social media and working with a website.
Tentative Recruitment Schedule:
Application Deadline: April 10, 2017 at 5:00 p.m. Review of Application Materials: April 10 - April 14
Initial Interviews (may be in person or via Skype): April 24 - 28
Final Interview(s) if required: May 5 - May 12
Tentative Start Date: July 5, 2017
How to Apply:
A Town of Yountville employment application is required and is available online at www.townofyountville.com. To be considered you must submit the following with your application:
• Cover letter explaining your interest in working in a small local government agency
• A written work sample of your choice, and explain why you selected it.
• Three professional references
• Town of Yountville employment application
Applications material can be e-mailed (preferred method) to Julie Baldia at firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to Town of Yountville, 6550 Yount Street, Yountville, CA 94599.
The Town of Yountville is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)