Town Yard Sale and Clean-Up Day
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Date: March 14, 2017
Contact: Samantha Holland, Parks and Recreation Director
Subject: Town Yard Sale and Clean-Up Day
Do you dream of a life without clutter? It’s time to finally make that happen and we want to help. The Yountville Town Wide Yard Sale will be held on Saturday, May 6, 2017. You can register your sale by calling the Yountville Parks and Recreation Office at (707) 944-8712. You must call and register by April 29, 2017.
Don’t want to hold your own yard sale? The Yountville Elementary School PTA is accepting gently used items and will be holding a fundraising sale that day. Items can be delivered to the school. Please call in advance to schedule your drop off (707) 253-3485.
Town Clean-Up Day will be held on Saturday, May 13, 2017. Town Clean-Up Day is funded by the Town of Yountville and provided as a service to our residents. On Clean-Up Day a special curbside pickup will be conducted courtesy of the Town for all Upper Valley Disposal customers who received a voucher in their April/May bill. Residents may place bagged and boxed trash, and other household items curbside by 7:00 a.m. Most items will be picked up free of charge!
Please note the following when setting out items:
• No hazardous waste materials may be included in this pickup. Boxes and bags are limited to 35 pounds each in weight or 2 cubic yards per household.
• Electronic Waste must be separated from other waste items. E-waste does not go in the landfill and therefore must be separate from other waste items. E-waste includes computers, key boards, and microwaves. See full list here.
• Recyclable items (including cardboard) WILL NOT be picked up and should be disposed of during regular weekly curbside pick up.
• Tire, appliances and larger items must be arranged to be picked up in advance with Upper Valley Disposal at (707) 963-7988. There is a fee required for the pickup of large items.
• Homeowners/Tenants are responsible for handling any items that were not picked up by Upper Valley. Items not picked up MAY NOT remain on the curb.
For more information, please call the Town of Yountville Parks and Recreation Department at (707) 944.8712.