Yountville Arts Commission - Notice of Vacancy
The Town of Yountville is seeking two (2) community volunteers to serve on the Yountville Arts Commission. The term of office will commence July 21, 2017 and will expire on July 21, 2019.
The mission of Yountville Arts is to provide vision, leadership, inspiration and support to artists and their art in Yountville. Yountville Arts serves in an advisory capacity to the Town Council and staff in matters pertaining to the cultural arts, including, but not limited to the development of visual, performing and literary arts and other matters as may be referred to the Commission by the Town Council or Town Manager.
This Commission has a unique characteristic in which it serves and functions as a formal policy and action taking body as well as a “working committee”. As a working committee, members function and work as an extension of town staff to develop and implement cultural arts related events and programming. The Commission's duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Educate and expand awareness of public art and of the activities of Yountville Arts in the community.
• Review and recommend policies governing cultural arts services, activities and programs as well as public art ordinance(s) and or similar policy recommendations for consideration by the Town Council.
• With staff support and with Town Council or Town Manager approval, engage in the active management and work necessary to implement the following:
The Yountville Public Art Walk Program.
The Gallery at the Community Center Program and other art show related programs.
The Yountville Literary Programs.
The Public Art Fund and general fund budget associated with Cultural Arts.
Fundraising to support Commission activities through private or public donations, gifts and grants for the cultural arts in conjunction with approved Town policies and procedures.
Coordinating and hosting receptions and other events in support of Commission programming.
Marketing and public relations efforts in support of Commission programming and events.
HOW TO BECOME A COMMISSION MEMBER
Members shall meet one or more of the following criteria:
• Have an interest in and commitment to the importance and value of community affairs as well as the arts and culture.
• Have knowledge or expertise in historical preservation, visual arts, performing arts, design/architecture, or affiliation with a local business association, non-profit, or public entity involved in the arts.
• Have prior experience as or is currently an artist or performer;
• Have prior experience in community-based organizations, or organizations involved in arts and cultural and/or related activities.
Applicants must have the ability to take an active role in commission meetings and projects; must be a resident of the Town of Yountville (Minimum of 3 seats) or be involved with a business or non-profit organization that is involved with arts and cultural activities in Yountville (No more than 2 seats).
MEETING TIME AND LOCATION
Regular meetings are held at the Yountville Community Center the first Monday of every month at 5:00 p.m.
HOW TO APPLY
To complete an on-line application, visit the Town’s website at www.townofyountville.com under Town Council/Boards and Commissions or contact the Town Clerk at 944-8851. The deadline to submit on-line applications is Monday, June 5, 2017 at 5:00 p.m. Please note Applicants will be requested to appear before the Town Council prior to a Town Council Meeting to be interviewed.
Save the Date: Applicant interviews are tentatively set for Tuesday, June 20, 2017 at approximately 5:00 p.m. Time will vary depending on number of applications received.
Date Posted: May 5, 2017