Encroachment Permits

What is an encroachment permit?

An encroachment permit is issued by the Town that allows the applicant to conduct activity in the public Town right-of-way. The Town right-of-way will vary from location to location.  In general, the Town right-of-way is a strip of land that contains the public street, sidewalks, and utilities. The edge of the right of way is also the property line for the abutting property.

When is an encroachment permit required?

An encroachment permit is issued by the Town for any construction work, staging, or deliveries that occur from and/or in the public right-of-way. This includes construction work in the roadway, on sidewalks, connection to Town utilities such as water, storm drain, and sewer lines. A permit is also required for any equipment stored in the right-of-way such construction delivery trucks, storage pods, equipment and more. If you are not sure if you need a permit you can contact Jacob Solis with the Town of Yountville at (707) 944-8851. 

How do I apply for an encroachment permit?

The encroachment permit application can be found online at the following link https://yountvilleca.viewpointcloud.com/categories/1085

What is the encroachment permit fee? 

  1. Jacob Solis

    Jacob Solis

    Engineering Technician